Tuesday 31 January 2012

Got Ants?

Yeah, well we all do at some point!

My darling children (who I truly love but they can sometimes be somewhat lazy) didn't do the dishes as requested one day last week.  I came home from errands to find the sink not only full of dishes but also full of ants!  There is nothing I hate more than finding ants in my house.... well there might be a few other things I hate more, but you know what I mean!

So, I'm going to share a little tried-and-true remedy with you of how to get rid of those little stinkers.  This was given to me about 20 years ago by a little old Japanese lady that was a tenant of mine at an apartment complex I managed... but you probably don't care about that part :)  Some of you may have already heard this little secret but here it is anyway...

Yeast and Sugar - that's it!  I've also used yeast and honey and they both work great.

I mix about a spoon full of each and put it on a piece of wax paper.  I then put it up against the wall they are walking along.  I've been doing this for the last 20 years and it works... every time!  Don't be tempted to kill them when you see them, just let them at the sugar and yeast mixture and it will get rid of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...